Friday, February 5, 2010

An unnecessary feeling

For once in a long while, I’m not looking forward to Chinese New Year. Maybe it’s because I see my grandmother on a weekly basis. Or maybe the sight my cousins swearing at each other sickens me. Or maybe wishing prosperity to aunties and uncles who seemed strange to me is becoming a drag. No doubt the money’s good and seeing some of my distant relatives is nice but I do not feel the same way I did years back… What changed?

As everyone in class was excitingly discussing which dress to buy for the occasion, and how much they missed home, I could only sit and ponder on the many things that have changed. The drama that has taken place over time was anything but constructive. In fact, I doubt I’ll be seeing some of family members as they have either gone to US to study, or simply have no intention to come back, to avoid the drama.

I do not wish to spare any details, for it is not my place to do so. However, sometimes I feel like slapping their faces to wake them up, which probably would end up in more bad blood. A few bad experience during the past few new years has probably unlit most of my excitement, if not extinguishing it.

I can only hope and pray to God that everything will heal in time. Besides, I do look forward to the time when some of you peeps come visit. A breath of fresh air is good for this ‘already-stale-for-too-long’ environment. Other than that, as always, I look forward to when my mom complains about me waking up late on that day itself, and when my dad ask “How do I look?'” for the millionth time. Heck, it’s on Valentine’s Day, and I’m prepared to be showered with the girlfriend question. Now, the question remains, is my feeling still unnecessary? Oh, in case I forgot next week..

GONG XI FA CAI

chinese-new-year

No comments:

Post a Comment